It's not long until Halloween; time to start planning your costume (or you could just be a superhero any day of the week, your call). And nothing says "badass" more than a reinvention of classic superheroines!
Patience, who has been interning over at our sister brand Whistle & Wolf (check out the blog!), has put together some stylish versions of these awesome heroes!
Ororo Munroe-codename Storm can be considered one of the most powerful females in the Marvel Universe with the power of flight and total control over the weather. Over the years, Storm’s look has gone through many transformations, from an anarchic punk with a Mohawk to a regal and glamorous African Queen (she was formerly married to fellow superhero and king of fictional Wakanda, Black Panther) yet she has still kept her signature bright white locks. Storm is in my mind the most fashionable of the X-men, so channel her look with grey and yellow shades and mix punky and refined fashion genres.
The Ghost Retro Body is suited to Storm as it features a delicate and elegant grey patterned panel clashing with more daring mesh.
1. Liberty Headband by Clemmie Watson at farfetch.com - £423.25
2. Esmeralda Robe Dress by Piamata at Les Nouvelles - £110.43
3. Lightening Bolt Cuff by Alexis Bittar at Neiman Marcus - £132.52
4. Lightening Strikes Shoulder Bag by Betsey Johnson at Forzieri - £35.50
5. Sheer Split Maxi Skirt by Just Female at ASOS - £65
Natasha Romanov, A.K.A the Black Widow is a master spy and Assassin, trained in Russia and made popular by Scarlett Johansson‘s portrayal of the seductive agent in Iron Man 2 and The Avengers. Super-soldier Romanov is a morally ambiguous character by nature, and is willing to kill if anyone gets in her way, making her a dangerous adversary despite her not possessing any notable superpowers. Her intelligence, wit and intense combative training have meant that she has outsmarted figures like Iron Man and Daredevil. The Black Widow’s style is sleek and sexy, with a mysterious and lethal charm.
Our Hella Block Body is ideal for a femme fatale such as the Black Widow!
1. Bullet Cuff Bracelet by ASTALI at AHALIFE.com - £93
2. Colpeta 100 Patent Leather Pumps by Christian Louboutin at Net-A-Porter - £395
3. Spiderweb Tights by Emilio Cavallini at ASOS - £17
4. Dripped Chain Belt by Cecilia De Bucourt at free People - £125
5. Leather Panelled Pencil Skirt by Isabel de Pedro at Jules B - £184.99
Selina Kyle, also known as Catwoman, is the ultimate female superhero anti-hero. As part of Batman’s gallery of rogues yet also his most notable romantic interest, Selina constantly treads the lines between good and evil. She is primarily a cat burglar with a taste for dangerous thefts although she sometimes engages in crime fighting. Catwoman has been portrayed fashionably in film on numerous occasions, notably by a retro Julie Newmar in the 1960’s, a crazed Michelle Pfeiffer in the 90’s and an elegant Anne Hathaway in 2012. Replicate Catwoman’s current look with daring black leather and PVC, expensive jewels and a cute cropped hairstyle.
The Dominique Longline Bra is definitely Catwoman’s style: sleek and classy, with a touch of naughtiness hinted at with its cage straps.
1. Pearl and Crystal Necklace by Tom Binns at Ssense- £396.90
2. Leather Leggings by Alice and Olivia at Flannels - £620
3. Precision Ink Eyeliner in Abyss by Illamasqua - £18
4. Cat-ears Headband by BCBGMaxazria - £30.70
5. Evening Gloves by Dents at House of Fraser - £18