My name is Simone Camps and I am a London based professional make-up artist trained under Dani Guinsberg, CEO of The Session School. I was extremely fortunate to be part of The Get Naked Calendar 2012 in aid of Molar Pregnancy, working with Head MUA Amanda Bell, photographer Chris Dunlop and many more amazing people for a very good cause, ! During London fashion week I headed the makeup team for HEMYCA LFWSS12 Fragments of Illusion. Most recently I have been doing makeup for the general public at the Good Results press day, (where I did Beverley Knight’s makeup) and Levi's ® UK Mirror Mirror Photo Shoot for Levis Curve ID in London, Bluewaters and Milton Keynes.
I am extremely mindful of my clients’ desire to have the very best products on their skin, therefore I am very particular about the products that I use. For me, creating a flawless and unique individual look is a must, and I find that Bellapierre mineral makeup is perfect in assisting the beautification without harming the skin. I believe that the way a person looks can essentially alter the way they feel and how they portray themselves.
In this blog post I’m going to give you all the tips and tricks for how to get that perfect burlesque look for Christmas! I took my inspiration from Christina Aguilera’s take on the classic 1940s look.
- Let’s start by preparing your skin. I’ve used Bellapierre’s milky cleanser to cleanse the face and neck. Then use the toner, moisturize, and apply primer. This will give a clean and smooth base for the makeup.
- Apply Compact Mineral 5-in-1 Foundation with a Kabuki brush by dabbing the brush into the compact and then applying in a circular motion over the face.
- One of the best things about mineral foundation is its versatility; Bellapierre’s foundation has 5 uses in one product, including concealer. Using a concealer brush conceals any problem areas.
- Apply your favorite mineral blush colour (I used Autumn Glow, a luscious coral colour) to the apple of your cheek and blend. To get that gorgeous glow, highlight the cheek slightly by using Pure Element Bronzer.
- For the eyes I’ve used earthy tones, such as Bellapierre’s Shimmer Powder in Champagne, Earth and a tiny amount of Bronze.
- Using the lightest colour first, apply over the eyelids as a base, which will make the darker colours really pop. For a vintage look without being too vampy, blend and contour the sockets with the darker shades of brown.
- Apply a liquid eyeliner to the upper lash line ending in a cat-like flick at the outer corners.
- Using an eyebrow brush and a dark powder (Bellapierre’s Eyebrow Kit is fantastic for this) apply the powder in soft strokes along your natural eyebrow. Dark brows are a must-have for this look.
- Finally apply Bellapierre Ruby lipstick to complete your very own burlesque Christmas makeover!
And there you go, a gorgeous look just in time for the Christmas party season!
I can be contacted on Twitter @simonecampsmua email@example.com or you can find me on Facebook!